With metal decks becoming more widespread as a solution for warehouses, storage centers, educational facilities, hospitals and more – Adding Nycon XL-100 provides an additional layer of multidirectional reinforcement to the concrete.
The steel in composite steel decks act as reinforcement to the concrete but cracks are still expected, even with the steel present. Adding Nycon XL-100 macro fibers will help prevent cracks caused by tensile stress at an early point.
Reinforcing is typically recommended in a composite deck system that is placed for temperature and shrinkage crack control. Reinforcing should be placed at the top of the slab with ¾” to 1” cover. Because this is difficult to do, the Steel Deck Institute requires composite metal decks to be reinforced with one of the following (PER c-2011 Standard for Composite Steel floor Deck slabs and other than welded wire reinforcement):
– Concrete specified in accordance with ASTM C1116, Type I, Type II, or Type V, at a dosage rate determined by the fiber manufacture for the application, but not less than 25 lb/cu yd (14.8 kg/cu meter).
– Concrete specified in accordance with ASTM C1116, Type III, containing macrosynthetic fibers meeting the criteria of ASTM D7508 at a dosage rate determined by the fiber manufacturer for the application, but not less than 4 lb/cu yd (2.4 kg/m3).
HIGH PERFORMANCE CRACK CONTROL
Adding Nycon XL-100 to your mixing system during or after the batching of ingredients stucco mix will provide better concrete and help protect against cracking.
NYCON-XL-100 meets the requirements of ASTM C-1116, Section 4.1.3 and ASTM C-1399.
BENEFITS OF NYCON XL-100
• Provides Multidirectional Reinforcement
• No Wire Needed (Avoid Mess and Space)
• Improve Impact Resistance
Give us a call at (800) 456-9266 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org